Orrery Design: Gallery
Scroll down to discover
SEPT 13 -
My Initial track and mount designs – not print ready…
SEPT 20 - Video showing concept
SEPT 25 -
Redesigned track mounts on original track
SEPT 27 -
Created my first circuit of a track mount, testing the “AccelStepper” library
OCT 4 -
Until I find an alternative way of supplying power, this circuit diagram illustrates what I will be needing for each track mount.
OCT 9 -
Original track design. The timing belt would’ve been continuous, sitting in the groove at the bottom.
OCT 18 -
Found a sphere that uses less material, making it lighter more cost effective to print.
NOV 1 -
First track mount print and component fitting. Minor printing issues…
NOV 5 -
Simplified track design. The timing belt will now be glued onto the track itself.
NOV 8 -
Comparing old and new track mount bases. Adding components for fit and design tweaking.
NOV 8 Cont'd -
I rebuilt the mobile app because I initially lost all my data to hard-drive failure. This app is more lean and simplified at the moment to complete the task of user input.
NOV 10 -
Assembling laser cut tracks and rings
NOV 15 -
Modified the track mount design for better weight distribution and compatibility with the simplified track design
NOV 22 -
Here is an image of testing the track while suspended. Here I get to really see why I need a good solution for suspension. Please ignore the make-shift “maker-space”…haha
NOV 29 -
Finally got more parts from rapid prototyping. There were some issues printing a globe, so I will need to work with them on finding what works.
Jan 31 -
Due to the cost of 3D printing and taking "artistic scale" into consideration, I opted for astronomical symbols to decrease minimize costs.
FEB 8 -> FEB 28 -
Due to problems with my current design I began researching and designing an alternative structure
MAR -> APRIL -